COMMUNITY ACTION WORKSHOP
Learn how to have an impact on the policy and decisions made that impact
your community, your neighborhood, your family.
IT ALL STARTS WITH YOU!
SEATING IS LIMITED SO RSVP NOW!
- How can I have an effective public voice that will really impact change?
- What can be done behind the scenes to effect change?
- What does it take to run for office-any office?
- What other ways can I make a difference in elections?
- How do I get to be part of committees and commissions that advise various government bodies- city, school board, county?
LEARN HOW TO HAVE A POSITIVE LASTING IMPACT ON YOUR COMMUNITYWHENJuly 31, 2021 at 9amWHEREMcLean County Headqaurters, 211 S. Prospect Suite 9, Bloomington
A Day to Remember- A Day to Honor
McLean County Republican PartyA COUNTY WIDE EVENT
Corn Crib Stadium in Normal
Honoring the 20th anniversary of 9/11
Many special programs and activities will take place to pay tribute to our county first responders as well as honoring the memory of those first responders who gave their lives 20 years ago on 9/11.
GATES OPEN AT 10:00 WITH A FULL DAY OF EVENTS
Program currently includes (but is growing):
All day Softball Tourney with 4 teams- Police, Firemen,Active Military and Veterans
American Legion Special Honor Guard
Games and activities for kids
Community groups and select vendors on the Mezannine
Static Display from McLean County first responders
Special Ceremony to honor those First Responders who lost their lives in 9/11
Evening ends with a wonderful fireworks display brought to us by
Central Illinois Leathernecks Detachment #988, Marine Corps League
SPONSORSHIPS ARE STILL AVAILABLE
THIS EVENT IS CO SPONSORED BY GREAT PLAINS MEDIA
Want to be part of this special event? Contact Chairman Connie Beard, 309-824-9394WHENSeptember 11, 2021 at 10amWHERECorn Crib Stadium, 1000 W. Raab Rd., Normal IL
- The McLean County Fair is our largest community outreach event of the year.
- We have the responsibility and opportunity to present a positive, friendly and encouraging face to the public and in doing so hopefully win votes.
- Our goal is to encourage fellow Republicans and to provide the information needed to win the hearts and minds of others.
- This year our Restore Illinois Shop will be a big feature in our tent!
- We offer cold water, candy, GOP fans, balloons, free raffles, and Friday night Candidate Night.
- This year we will also have a couple of brand new features that families will enjoy.
- We will need volunteers to man the tent during this time so stay tuned for more details. For serving you will get a free ticket to the fair to enjoy the best of McLean County.
Lots of 2 hr shifts available. Pick your favorite! Every volunteer for a 2 hr shift gets one free fair ticket! If you take a different shifts on different days you will recieve a fair ticket to cover your admission for that day.
There are also 4 hr shifts available. These volunteers will be trained on how to handle sales at the tent. These volunteers will receive 2 free fair tickets for every shift they work.
All volunteers will be contacted a few days before the fair.
Let's make this the best fair yet!!!WHENAugust 04, 2021 at 10am - August 09, 2021 at 10amWHEREMcLean County Fair
Republicans from around the county gathered to discuss the plans and strategy for keeping McLean County strong and Republican Proud. Over 90 of our most active Republicans came together to commit to working together for victory in 2022. We met at the lovely Hesed House Venue in Heyworth.
Connie Beard donated 2021-03-25 09:31:31 -0500
You can become part of the answer by joining our local Republican party. CLICK HERE TO LEARN HOW
Connie Beard published JCAR Considering "Culturally Responsive Leadership and Teaching Standards" Change in Proposed New Teaching Standards 2021-01-30 14:58:11 -0600
A proposed change in the teaching standards used in Illinois schools is under consideration by the Joint Committee on Administrative Rules in Springfield. If this change is adopted it will impact all schools in the state of Illinois.
Here is the link to the proposed change:
This unfunded mandate would harmful to teachers, school districts and children.
"Teachers have to be willing to endorse the idea that America is a systemically racist country. Crucially for Christians, they have to be willing to affirm the gender identities of any of their students and to affirm the very idea that gender is complex and fluid, meaning there are many more than two gender identities. They have to be willing to lead their students in political leftist protests and lobbying. They are encouraged... [to] consider grading their students -- not on their performance, on ordinary knowledge -- but on their social justice activism."
We have to realize what will be forced on teachers in Illinois if this standard is approved Feb. 16 by the Joint Committee on Administrative Rules . We don't want more strangleholds placed on teachers, unfunded mandates placed on our school districts and restrictions on freedom of thought on our students. PLEASE READ- be informed. This is bad on so many levels.
Please review the following resources to learn details.
Contact the JCAR via their web site and let them know you want their vote to be NO. JCAR Home Page (ilga.gov)
Here are the direct emails for the members of the committee:Members of JCAR[email protected] – Keith Wheeler[email protected] – Tom Demmer[email protected] – Michael Halpin[email protected] – Frances Ann Hurley[email protected] – Steve Reick[email protected] – André Thapedi[email protected] – Bill Cunningham[email protected] – John Curran[email protected] – Kimberly Lightford[email protected] – Antonio Munoz[email protected] – Sue Rezin[email protected] – Don DeWitte
Connie Beard published Ronald Reagan Berlin Wall in Silent Auction Fundraiser 2020-09-23 21:24:10 -0500
5. Ronald Reagan At the Berlin Wall 15" X 18.5" Starting bid-$130.00
Connie Beard published St. Louis Blues Stanley Cup in Silent Auction Fundraiser 2020-09-23 21:18:21 -0500
4. St. Louis Blues 2019 Stanley Cup Collection 15" X 24" Starting Bid $150
Connie Beard published Wild and Wooly Hare Print in Silent Auction Fundraiser 2020-09-23 21:13:04 -0500
3. 1959 Wild and Wooly Hare print from Looney Toones- Lobby Card Gilcee Certified limited edition 24" X 18" . Starting bid $150
Framed photo print of Abraham Lincoln at the Battle of Antietam, Maryland. 18" X 14" Starting bid of $130
Connie Beard published Babe Ruth and Lou Gehrig in Silent Auction Fundraiser 2020-09-23 21:00:09 -0500
Babe Ruth and Lou Gehrig historic picture in lovely wood frame 23" X 13" Starting bid of $130
Thank you for your bid. When the auction ends you will be notified if you are the higest bidder. At that time we will make arrangements for payment and pick up of your item.
Thank you for supporting the McLean County Republicans.
One Hundred And Twenty One Accomplishments By President Trump And His Cabinet.
Here you go. Easy to Google and double check. Checking for yourself is always best. This list is not all inclusive. There are more to add to this list every week.
- Trump recently signed 3 bills to benefit Native people. One gives compensation to the Spokane tribe for loss of their lands in the mid-1900s, one funds Native language programs, and the third gives federal recognition to the Little Shell Tribe of Chippewa Indians in Montana.
- Trump finalized the creation of Space Force as our 6th Military branch.
- Trump signed a law to make cruelty to animals a federal felony so that animal abusers face tougher consequences.
- Prior to the recent violent Antifa protests, violent crime has fallen every year he’s been in office after rising during the 2 years before he was elected.
- Trump signed a bill making CBD and Hemp legal.
- Trump’s EPA gave $100 million to fix the water infrastructure problem in Flint, Michigan.
- Under Trump’s leadership, in 2018 the U.S. surpassed Russia and Saudi Arabia to become the world’s largest producer of crude oil.
- Trump signed a law ending the gag orders on Pharmacists that prevented them from sharing money-saving information.
- Trump signed the “Allow States and Victims to Fight Online Sex Trafficking Act” (FOSTA), which includes the “Stop Enabling Sex Traffickers Act” (SESTA) which both give law enforcement and victims new tools to fight sex trafficking.
- Trump signed a bill to require airports to provide spaces for breastfeeding Moms.
- The 25% lowest-paid Americans enjoyed a 4.5% income boost in November 2019, which outpaces a 2.9% gain in earnings for the country's highest-paid workers.
- Low-wage workers are benefiting from higher minimum wages and from corporations that are increasing entry-level pay.
- Trump signed the biggest wilderness protection & conservation bill in a decade and designated 375,000 acres as protected land.
- Trump signed the Save our Seas Act which funds $10 million per year to clean tons of plastic & garbage from the ocean.
- He signed a bill this year allowing some drug imports from Canada so that prescription prices would go down.
- Trump signed an executive order this year that forces all healthcare providers to disclose the cost of their services so that Americans can comparison shop and know how much less providers charge insurance companies. When signing that bill, he said no American should be blindsided by bills for medical services they never agreed to in advance.
- Hospitals will now be required to post their standard charges for services, which include the discounted price a hospital is willing to accept.
- In the eight years prior to President Trump’s inauguration, prescription drug prices increased by an average of 3.6% per year. Under Trump, drug prices have seen year-over-year declines in nine of the last ten months, with a 1.1% drop as of the most recent month.
- He created a White House VA Hotline to help veterans and principally staffed it with veterans and direct family members of veterans. VA employees are being held accountable for poor performance, with more than 4,000 VA employees removed, demoted, and suspended so far.
- Issued an executive order requiring the Secretaries of Defense, Homeland Security, and Veterans Affairs to submit a joint plan to provide veterans access to access to mental health treatment as they transition to civilian life.
- Because of a bill signed and championed by Trump, In 2020, most federal employees will see their pay increase by an average of 3.1% — the largest raise in more than 10 years.
- Trump signed into a law up to 12 weeks of paid parental leave for millions of federal workers.
- Trump administration will provide HIV prevention drugs for free to 200,000 uninsured patients per year for 11 years.
- All-time record sales during the 2019 holidays.
- Trump signed an order allowing small businesses to group together when buying insurance to get a better price.
- President Trump signed the Preventing Maternal Deaths Act that provides funding for states to develop maternal mortality reviews to better understand maternal complications and identify solutions & largely focuses on reducing the higher mortality rates for Black Americans.
- In 2018, President Trump signed the groundbreaking First Step Act, a criminal justice bill which enacted reforms that make our justice system fairer and help former inmates successfully return to society.
- The First Step Act’s reforms addressed inequities in sentencing laws that disproportionately harmed Black Americans and reformed mandatory minimums that created unfair outcomes.
- The First Step Act expanded judicial discretion in sentencing of non-violent crimes.
- Over 90% of those benefitting from the retroactive sentencing reductions in the First Step Act are Black Americans.
- The First Step Act provides rehabilitative programs to inmates, helping them successfully rejoin society and not return to crime.
- Trump increased funding for Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) by more than 14%.
- Trump signed legislation forgiving Hurricane Katrina debt that threatened HBCUs.
- New single-family home sales are up 31.6% in October 2019 compared to just one year ago.
- Made HBCUs a priority by creating the position of executive director of the White House Initiative on HBCUs.
- Trump received the Bipartisan Justice Award at a historically black college for his criminal justice reform accomplishments.
- The poverty rate fell to a 17-year low of 11.8% under the Trump administration as a result of a jobs-rich environment.
- Poverty rates for African Americans and Hispanic-Americans have reached their lowest levels since the U.S. began collecting such data.
- President Trump signed a bill that creates five national monuments, expands several national parks, adds 1.3 million acres of wilderness, and permanently reauthorizes the Land and Water Conservation Fund.
- Trump’s USDA committed $124 Million to rebuild rural water infrastructure.
- Consumer confidence & small business confidence is at an all-time high.
- Prior to the COVID shut down more than 7 million jobs created since election.
- More Americans are now employed than ever recorded before in our history.
- More than 400,000 manufacturing jobs created since his election.
- Trump appointed 5 openly gay ambassadors.
- Trump ordered Ric Grenell, his openly gay ambassador to Germany, to lead a global initiative to decriminalize homosexuality across the globe.
- Through Trump’s Anti-Trafficking Coordination Team (ACTeam) initiative, Federal law enforcement more than doubled convictions of human traffickers and increased the number of defendants charged by 75% in ACTeam districts.
- In 2018, the Department of Justice (DOJ) dismantled an organization that was the internet’s leading source of prostitution-related advertisements resulting in sex trafficking.
- Trump’s OMB published new anti-trafficking guidance for government procurement officials to combat human trafficking more effectively.
- Trump’s Immigration and Customs Enforcement’s Homeland Security Investigations arrested 1,588 criminals associated with Human Trafficking.
- Trump’s Department of Health and Human Services provided funding to support the National Human Trafficking Hotline to identify perpetrators and give victims the help they need.
- The hotline identified 16,862 potential human trafficking cases.
- Trump’s DOJ provided grants to organizations that support human trafficking victims – serving nearly 9,000 cases from July 1, 2017, to June 30, 2018.
- The Department of Homeland Security has hired more victim assistance specialists, helping victims get resources and support.
- President Trump has called on Congress to pass school choice legislation so that no child is trapped in a failing school because of his or her zip code.
- The President signed funding legislation in September 2018 that increased funding for school choice by $42 million.
- The tax cuts signed into law by President Trump promote school choice by allowing families to use 529 college savings plans for elementary and secondary education.
- Under his leadership ISIS has lost most of their territory and been largely dismantled.
- ISIS leader Abu Bakr Al-Baghdadi was killed.
- Signed the first Perkins CTE reauthorization since 2006, authorizing more than $1 billion for states each year to fund vocational and career education programs.
- Executive order expanding apprenticeship opportunities for students and workers.
- Trump issued an Executive Order prohibiting the U.S. government from discriminating against Christians or punishing expressions of faith.
- Signed an executive order that allows the government to withhold money from college campuses deemed to be anti-Semitic and who fail to combat anti-Semitism.
- President Trump ordered a halt to U.S. tax money going to international organizations that fund or perform abortions.
- Trump imposed sanctions on the socialists in Venezuela who have killed their citizens.
- Finalized new trade agreement with South Korea.
- Made a deal with the European Union to increase U.S. energy exports to Europe.
- Withdrew the U.S. from the job killing TPP deal.
- Secured $250 billion in new trade and investment deals in China and $12 billion in Vietnam.
- Approved up to $12 billion in aid for farmers affected by unfair trade retaliation.
- Has had over a dozen US hostages freed, including those Obama could not get freed.
- Trump signed the Music Modernization Act, the biggest change to copyright law in decades.
- Trump secured Billions that will fund the building of a wall at our southern border.
- The Trump Administration is promoting second chance hiring to give former inmates the opportunity to live crime-free lives and find meaningful employment.
- Trump’s DOJ and the Board Of Prisons launched a new “Ready to Work Initiative” to help connect employers directly with former prisoners.
- President Trump’s historic tax cut legislation included new Opportunity Zone Incentives to promote investment in low-income communities across the country.
- 8,764 communities across the country have been designated as Opportunity Zones.
- Opportunity Zones are expected to spur $100 billion in long-term private capital investment in economically distressed communities across the country.
- Trump directed the Education Secretary to end Common Core.
- Trump signed the 9/11 Victims Compensation Fund into law.
- Trump signed measure funding prevention programs for Veteran suicide.
- Companies have brought back over a TRILLION dollars from overseas because of the TCJA bill that Trump signed.
- Manufacturing jobs are growing at the fastest rate in more than 30 years.
- Stock Market has reached record highs.
- Median household income has hit highest level ever recorded.
- African American unemployment is at an all-time low.
- Hispanic-American unemployment is at an all-time low.
- Asian-American unemployment is at an all-time low.
- Women’s unemployment rate is at a 65-year low.
- Youth unemployment is at a 50-year low.
- Prior to the COVID shutdown we have the lowest unemployment rate ever recorded.
- The Pledge to America’s Workers has resulted in employers committing to train more than 4 million Americans.
- 95 percent of U.S. manufacturers are optimistic about the future— the highest ever.
- As a result of the Republican tax bill, small businesses will have the lowest top marginal tax rate in more than 80 years.
- Record number of regulations eliminated that hurt small businesses.
- Signed welfare reform requiring able-bodied adults who don’t have children to work or look for work if they’re on welfare.
- Under Trump, the FDA approved more affordable generic drugs than ever before in history.
- Reformed Medicare program to stop hospitals from overcharging low-income seniors on their drugs—saving seniors 100’s of millions of $$$ this year alone.
- Signed Right-To-Try legislation allowing terminally ill patients to try experimental treatment that wasn’t allowed before.
- Secured $6 billion in new funding to fight the opioid epidemic.
- Signed VA Choice Act and VA Accountability Act, expanded VA telehealth services, walk-in-clinics, and same-day urgent primary and mental health care.
- S. oil production recently reached all-time high so we are less dependent on oil from the Middle East.
- The U.S. is a net natural gas exporter for the first time since 1957.
- NATO allies increased their defense spending because of his pressure campaign.
- Withdrew the United States from the job-killing Paris Climate Accord in 2017 and that same year the U.S. still led the world by having the largest reduction in Carbon emissions.
- Has his circuit court judge nominees being confirmed faster than any other new administration.
- Had his Supreme Court Justice’s Neil Gorsuch and Brett Kavanaugh confirmed.
- Moved U.S. Embassy in Israel to Jerusalem.
- Agreed to a new trade deal with Mexico & Canada that will increase jobs here and $$$ coming in.
- Reached a breakthrough agreement with the E.U. to increase U.S. exports.
- Imposed tariffs on China in response to China’s forced technology transfer, intellectual property theft, and their chronically abusive trade practices, has agreed to a Part One trade deal with China.
- Signed legislation to improve the National Suicide Hotline.
- Signed the most comprehensive childhood cancer legislation ever into law, which will advance childhood cancer research and improve treatments.
- The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act signed into law by Trump doubled the maximum amount of the child tax credit available to parents and lifted the income limits so more people could claim it.
- It also created a new tax credit for other dependents.
- In 2018, President Trump signed into law a $2.4 billion funding increase for the Child Care and Development Fund, providing a total of $8.1 billion to States to fund childcare for low-income families.
- The Child and Dependent Care Tax Credit (CDCTC) signed into law by Trump provides a tax credit equal to 20-35% of child care expenses, $3,000 per child & $6,000 per family + Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs) allow you to set aside up to $5,000 in pre-tax $ to use for child care.
- In 2019 President Donald Trump signed the Autism Collaboration, Accountability, Research, Education and Support Act (CARES) into law which allocates $1.8 billion in funding over the next five years to help people with autism spectrum disorder and to help their families.
- In 2019 President Trump signed into law two funding packages providing nearly $19 million in new funding for Lupus specific research and education programs, as well an additional $41.7 billion in funding for the National Institutes of Health (NIH), the most Lupus funding EVER.
- Another upcoming accomplishment to add: Trump signed the first major anti-robocall law in decades called the TRACED Act (Telephone Robocall Abuse Criminal Enforcement and Deterrence.) TRACED Act will extend the period of time the FCC has to catch & punish those who intentionally break telemarketing restrictions. The bill also requires voice service providers to develop a framework to verify calls are legitimate before they reach your phone.
- US stock market continually hits record highs.
*Trump did all of this while fighting flagrant abuse and impeachment charges and a 97% negativity reporting by major media.