All of the upcoming political events in McLean County!
- Saturday, July 31, 2021 at 09:00 AM
- McLean County Headqaurters, 211 S. Prospect Suite 9, Bloomington
- 26 people are going
COMMUNITY ACTION WORKSHOP
Learn how to have an impact on the policy and decisions made that impact
your community, your neighborhood, your family.
IT ALL STARTS WITH YOU!
SEATING IS LIMITED SO RSVP NOW!
- How can I have an effective public voice that will really impact change?
- What can be done behind the scenes to effect change?
- What does it take to run for office-any office?
- What other ways can I make a difference in elections?
- How do I get to be part of committees and commissions that advise various government bodies- city, school board, county?
LEARN HOW TO HAVE A POSITIVE LASTING IMPACT ON YOUR COMMUNITY
- Wednesday, August 04, 2021 at 10:00 AM – August 09, 2021
- McLean County Fair
- The McLean County Fair is our largest community outreach event of the year.
- We have the responsibility and opportunity to present a positive, friendly and encouraging face to the public and in doing so hopefully win votes.
- Our goal is to encourage fellow Republicans and to provide the information needed to win the hearts and minds of others.
- This year our Restore Illinois Shop will be a big feature in our tent!
- We offer cold water, candy, GOP fans, balloons, free raffles, and Friday night Candidate Night.
- This year we will also have a couple of brand new features that families will enjoy.
- We will need volunteers to man the tent during this time so stay tuned for more details. For serving you will get a free ticket to the fair to enjoy the best of McLean County.
Lots of 2 hr shifts available. Pick your favorite! Every volunteer for a 2 hr shift gets one free fair ticket! If you take a different shifts on different days you will recieve a fair ticket to cover your admission for that day.
There are also 4 hr shifts available. These volunteers will be trained on how to handle sales at the tent. These volunteers will receive 2 free fair tickets for every shift they work.
All volunteers will be contacted a few days before the fair.
Let's make this the best fair yet!!!
- Sunday, August 29, 2021 at 04:00 PM
FUN IS COMING!
- Saturday, September 11, 2021 at 10:00 AM
- Corn Crib Stadium, 1000 W. Raab Rd., Normal IL
A Day to Remember- A Day to Honor
McLean County Republican PartyA COUNTY WIDE EVENT
Corn Crib Stadium in Normal
Honoring the 20th anniversary of 9/11
Many special programs and activities will take place to pay tribute to our county first responders as well as honoring the memory of those first responders who gave their lives 20 years ago on 9/11.
GATES OPEN AT 10:00 WITH A FULL DAY OF EVENTS
Program currently includes (but is growing):
All day Softball Tourney with 4 teams- Police, Firemen,Active Military and Veterans
American Legion Special Honor Guard
Games and activities for kids
Community groups and select vendors on the Mezannine
Static Display from McLean County first responders
Special Ceremony to honor those First Responders who lost their lives in 9/11
Evening ends with a wonderful fireworks display brought to us by
Central Illinois Leathernecks Detachment #988, Marine Corps League
SPONSORSHIPS ARE STILL AVAILABLE
THIS EVENT IS CO SPONSORED BY GREAT PLAINS MEDIA
Want to be part of this special event? Contact Chairman Connie Beard, 309-824-9394