LocationEastland Mall (next to Kohl's)
Event contactMcLean County Clerk
ELECTION INFORMATION SESSION. Assisting With Transparency of Election Information In These Challenging Times
Location: Eastland Mall (next to Kohl’s)
Because of election misinformation continuing to be a concern in our Illinois counties, our state and nationwide from all sides of the political spectrum, McLean County Clerk Kathy Michael will host an Election Information Display and Q & A this coming Saturday at Eastland Mall in Bloomington, from 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm. (Next to Kohl's) Co-hosting this event is Tazewell County Clerk, John Ackerman. We will have election equipment on display with election staff attending as well as Democratic and Republican veteran election judges participating and available for questions.
This event is this Saturday the 15th, 2:00 pm until 4:00 pm (promptly ending at 4pm) We will film this for future reference and we have other videos on our website as well. We also have a Q and A link for voter question that we answer 24/7. Location: Eastland Mall, Bloomington (our early voting location) next to Kohl's. Plenty of free parking in front of Kohl’s or the southwest entrance (former Mc Sports space). Signs will be out.
Question forms will be passed out, collected and addressed, thus avoiding duplicate or unrelated questions. Additionally, we will have tables where attendees may go with other specific questions. For example: In one area we will have election equipment set up where election staff will interact with media/public. We will also have an area with veteran Democratic and Republican election judges to address those question specific regarding election judges, and so on.
Understanding how swamped you/we all are, we do feel this is important for transparency for the public and for our election processes here in Illinois. There is still too much false news going about and we want to assure the voters that they can get honest answers from their election officials.
A FEW RULES:
- We must limit our audience to 40 due to space restrictions.
- We will begin promptly at 2:00 pm and end the first Q & A session promptly at 3:00 pm.
- Questions need to be submitted with forms provided.
- For questions that could not be addressed by 3:00 pm, we will publish the questions and provide detailed answers on our website within 48 hours.
- Following the addressing of the submitted questions, guests are invited to visit the election tables to ask more specific questions regarding election equipment and the election process.
- We will close this event promptly at 4:00 pm.
McLean County Clerk
115 E. Washington St., Rm. 102
PO Box 2400 Bloomington, IL 61702