The Republican Party began in a little schoolhouse in Ripon, Wisconsin, in 1854. A small group of dedicated abolitionists gathered to fight the expansion of slavery, and they gave birth to a Party dedicated to freedom and equal opportunity.
The name “Republican” was chosen, alluding to Thomas Jefferson’s Democratic-Republican Party and conveying a commitment to the inalienable rights of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.
The McLean County Republican Party was formed shortly after. Since our first days working for Abraham Lincoln’s 1860 presidential campaign to supporting Bruce Rauner in the 2018 Illinois gubernatorial election, the McLean County Republican Party is working hard for you.
We are revamping programming; energizing our volunteers; bringing more accountability into our public arena. Join the movement to save our state and our community from the economic down slide we are experiencing.
The pursuit of opportunity has defined America from our very beginning. This is a land of opportunity. The American Dream is a dream of equal opportunity for all- The Republican Party is the party of opportunity.
McLean County Republicans believe in...
- A pro-business, free-market economy that allows the marketplace to pick winners and losers - not government regulators.
- A strong national defense able to protect America from the threats of today and tomorrow with the best technology available.
- A healthcare system with competition, strong physician-patient relationships, and personal choice without the intrusion of the federal government.
- An education system that encourages parental choice, local control and prepares students for the opportunities of tomorrow.
- An energy plan that supports an “all of the above” approach that encourages the responsible production of nuclear power, ethanol, clean coal, solar, wind, geothermal, hydropower, as well as drilling for oil and natural gas in an environmentally responsible way.
- Advancing our Founding Father's principles of freedom, opportunity, and limited government
- Caring for the dignity and value of every individual
- Providing strong leaders who serve both State and Country with honor and distinction
We commit ourselves to the values that strengthen our culture and sustain our nation: faith, family, personal responsibility, and the dignity of every human life. We believe in a welcoming society in which all who yearn for individual freedom have a place.
Click here to read about the 2020 Illinois Republican Convention on the platform and several resolutions reflecting the beliefs, principles and issues that we as Republicans hold dear.